Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Cupcake Pincushion Ring

I recently saw a cupcake pincushion ring online somewhere (can't remember where), and it got me to wondering if I could make a crochet one using my "Cupcakes To Crochet" Pattern.  This pattern can be made using either worsted weight yarn, sport weight yarn, or size 10 crochet cotton thread to make different sizes of cupcakes.

First I needed to find a ring that would work, and I found just the right thing at Hobby Lobby.  And it was 50% off to boot!.  Next up, I made the cupcake using size 10 crochet cotton thread and a size 7 steel crochet hook.  Then all I had to do was glue the cupcake to the ring and I had myself a Cupcake Ring Pincushion.  :) It was a fun little project.  :)



7 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Ok. Now that's just tooooo darn cute!

miek said...

yes, that is realy cute, i love it!
you could allso put your embroidery needly on it!
great idea, thanks for sharing.

April said...

What a cute idea!! I think I see a trip to Hobby Lobby in my immediate future! :)

Annette said...

hihihihi... That is TOOO cute!!
What a great idea, it looks so easy and wonderfull...lol

cherie... said...

OMG - i was just wishing i had a pincushion to wear as i spent the evening sewing labels onto my crochet garlands...x

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh that is so darn cute!!!

Kaye said...

Creativity at it's best. :)

I gave you the Versatile Blogger Award.
Please check it out here.
http://kaye-cablesnlace.blogspot.com/2011/10/award-thank-you.html