Saturday, October 22, 2011

Coming Soon! - "Ringing In Christmas" Ornament Series

Christmas will be upon us before we know it, so I thought it would be fun do a Christmas ornament series. I have designed a set of Christmas ornaments that are made by crocheting around a 2" plastic ring.  Below is a photo of the package of the type of ring I'm talking about.  The kind I usually use are by either Susan Bates or Boye.  And if you want to get your other supplies around and ready beforehand, I'm also using a size G (4.25mm) crochet hook and Caron's Simply Soft yarn in regular Christmas colors, like white, red and green, but there might be a little yellow and blue thrown in there too. 

My plan is to release one pattern each week, beginning on Nov 1st.  I've had a lot of fun designing these and I hope you'll join in on the fun!  :)

2" Plastic Rings

6 comments:

Neabear said...

This sounds fun! I hope I can get some supplies together. Since I am a follower already, I will be able to see your posts as they come!

~Linnea

Anonymous said...

Awesome!! I have a lot of those two inch rings. Looking forward to your patterns.

Debbie

Mimi said...

Can't wait!

Jocy said...

This sounds like fun! I'm going to see if I can find those rings around here and if not I'll go and get me some.

Annette said...

You are making me very curious...
Don't wiat to long... can't wait to see your plans

Thimbleanna said...

Sounds like fun Doni -- I'm looking forward to seeing your ornaments!